The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mixed units for durations Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was just amending a schedule created in MS Project and wondered if it is possible to delay durations using a combination of units i.e. hours, days and weeks?

Thanks for any advice.

If I'm understanding the question correctly, you want to display durations in a format like "2w 3d 4h"? Yes, this is quite possible. You can turn units off and on in one of the Project inspectors. I think it's called "Units"? There's also the concept of "effort conversion factors" to be aware of, also configurable. For example, by default 1 week of effort is 5 days, not 7. I'm out of the office on an iPad or I'd point you to the UI a little more specifically, but I think this will get you there.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bunch View Post
If I'm understanding the question correctly, you want to display durations in a format like "2w 3d 4h"?

Tom
What I would like to do is preserve the original durations which sometimes use weeks and, at other times, hours. So have a mixture of durations against specific tasks.

I think OmniPlan can only have one method in the project?

Yeah, OmniPlan doesn't keep track of how you specified it, just the value in seconds, and then regenerates the display string from the current settings for which units you want to use. 900 seconds, 15 minutes, 0.25 hours, or 0.03125 days all are represented by the number 900, for example.