The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contexts on Hold Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I placed my @Waiting context "On Hold" by unchecking the "Active" status in its contextual menu (or so I thought).

However that prevents the ability to assign an action to @Waiting.

Hovering over the inspector button shows that the context is not on hold, it is "dropped".

I guess I should have figured that out - instead of the "pause" badge, it had an "x" badge.

So - how do people handle @Waiting - just assign the @Waiting context, and leave it active, and know it really isn't?

I keep it active, and check it every now and then to see whether I need to nudge someone I'm waiting on.

I put it at the end of my context list, so that when I am showing all active contexts, I don't see the @waiting context's actions unless I scroll down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
I keep it active, and check it every now and then to see whether I need to nudge someone I'm waiting on.

I put it at the end of my context list, so that when I am showing all active contexts, I don't see the @waiting context's actions unless I scroll down.
I keep it active, too, and I set the "Blocks Next Actions" option on the Waiting For context so that these delegated items will never appear in my to-do lists, which are based on actions that are "next" or "available".

This allows you to create a Stalled Projects list that shows projects with no next actions or that are sitting there waiting for someone else to do something. (One quirk: you have to set this Stalled Projects list to show "Remaining" actions, since "Next" or "Available" will exclude the blocked Waiting Fors.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelande View Post
I placed my @Waiting context "On Hold" by unchecking the "Active" status in its contextual menu (or so I thought).

However that prevents the ability to assign an action to @Waiting.

Hovering over the inspector button shows that the context is not on hold, it is "dropped".

I guess I should have figured that out - instead of the "pause" badge, it had an "x" badge.

So - how do people handle @Waiting - just assign the @Waiting context, and leave it active, and know it really isn't?
Are you talking of an earlier build? I just checked this, and I able to assign an action to @Waiting when it is 'On Hold'. And anytime i give an action the context @Waiting all future actions (for sequential project) become unavailable as they should. Am I misunderstanding something?