The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Will you apply Project Perspectives to the iPad? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Would be nice to know. Do you have Plans in that direction?

I can't speak for Omni, but it's been mentioned that it's planned. if you want this, please email the Ninjas and put in your request.

Maybe it comes with omnifocus 2? I'll send my Email and hope for the best.

What I did to work around project perspectives was to use the OSX version to focus on the projects I wanted, switch to context mode and save that as a perspective. What that did was give me a context perspective limited to the projects I focused on.

It actually works better for me this way then what I thought I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Daniel View Post
What I did to work around project perspectives was to use the OSX version to focus on the projects I wanted, switch to context mode and save that as a perspective. What that did was give me a context perspective limited to the projects I focused on.

It actually works better for me this way then what I thought I wanted.
Can you explain this further? When I switch to context mode per your instructions, I see way more todos than I had in the perspective I was trying to workaround.

Go to Project mode. Select the projects of interest in the sidebar. Right or control click and select Focus from the popup menu, or use View->Focus on (names of everything you have selected). Press cmd-2 to switch to context mode, or use View->Context Mode. You should now have a window showing nothing but actions from the set of projects upon which you focused. Tweak the view bar settings to get you the data arrangement you prefer, and save as a perspective. Grouping and sorting by project

My guess is that you didn't do the focus step. Yes, clicking on a project in the sidebar does "focus" on it by not showing anything else, but OmniFocus also has a more focused "focus" when you use the Focus feature I described.

Thanks! You're a life saver. Works perfectly.