The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scripts for Integrating OmniFocus with DEVONthink 2 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonr View Post
Is there any plans to have it append
For continuously changing project notes I use the OpenProjNotes script, maintaining my working notes in an OO3 file which is in Devon but accessible through the script from OF.

I don't plan to make SaveToDevonAsOO3 append, as that does not correspond to the way I am using it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
For continuously changing project notes I use the OpenProjNotes script, maintaining my working notes in an OO3 file which is in Devon but accessible through the script from OF.

I don't plan to make SaveToDevonAsOO3 append, as that does not correspond to the way I am using it ...
Hmm. thought I understood the notes portion. Please correct me if I am wrong here but I should have a <project name>.oo3 file for each project and a <task name> notes.oo3 file for each task that has notes for it.

If that is the case then I might be having an issue with the notes script because it is making a file named <project name> notes.oo3

Again thank you for the scripts and providing more insight to your workflow.

Last edited by rossonr; 2009-10-14 at 10:42 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonr View Post
it is making a file named <project name> notes.oo3
Yes - that is by design.

Is there a script for taking an item in DevonThink Pro (Office, in my case) and converting it to an action item in OmniFocus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmathes View Post
Is there a script for taking an item in DevonThink Pro ... and converting it to an action item in OmniFocus?
I haven't written one myself. It could certainly be done.

In the meanwhile, Devonthink's Edit > Copy Item Link does, of course, allow you to paste a link into an OF notes field.

EDIT:
I notice that there is a script (I haven't tested it) at:
http://evensongkcni.spaces.live.com/...5D2A!105.entry

Last edited by RobTrew; 2009-12-01 at 10:42 PM..

Hi Rob. Thanks.....um.....i think. Just trying to read that post about the script made my head hurt. I’m guessing that’s a translated page from some other language.

But if I'm reading this right, it’s not what I'm looking for. This is what he says it does:

“So I maked this Automater Service ( plants on Panthera uncia, not sure about anything before ) to catch the attachments from an e-mail and make new records in the DEVONthink Inbox. “

My ideal here (and it’s not a huge deal because I don’t do this often and when I do I use the edit/copy item link option) would be to highlight an item in DTPO, run the script and have it do for that DTPO item what the Mail Clip o Tron does for emails, create a new action and put the item link into the notes. Doesn’t look like this script does that unless I'm reading this wrong (which is a definite possibility).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmathes View Post
if I'm reading this right, it’s not what I'm looking for.
It's easy to miss - look at the link to task.scpt near the end of the paragraph which starts: "In run through that procedure ..."

thank you sir.

Just downloaded it, put it into the application support/DTPO2/Scripts folder, updated the scripts menu and it shows up, select an item and run it, nothing happens. Quit DTPO and relaunched, no change.

Either the script is bad or I'm doing something wrong or it needs editing. Whichever, for now I'll just settle for the copy item link method.

But I appreciate the heads up, thanks again.

Hello, could these scripts be used to link address book contacts with omnifocus. Specifially I would like to be able to be in address book and identify todos that are associated with that individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown77 View Post
Hello, could these scripts be used to link address book contacts with omnifocus. Specifially I would like to be able to be in address book and identify todos that are associated with that individual.
I haven't looked into an interface with the address book (These scripts interface with Devonthink, and will not, I think, be what you are after).