The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

1st time user willing to give $50 itunes gift card reward for help today!! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there anyone out there who can help me???
I want to start using OmniFocus to organize my important projects on my new IPad and hit the ground running tomorrow however I am having problems.

Although OF looks like the best app available after much research I am very frustrated because I am stuck due to what are probably some easy fixes for someone experienced with OF.

I called customer service and it is closed until Tuesday because of the holiday.

I am willing to give anyone who helps me fix a couple of problems and gets me going a $50 ITunes gift card.

The problems relate to setting up subfolders/sub projects and not being able to move tasks into sub folders and sub projects because the list of folders/sub folders and projects/sub projects that I am given to choose from does not include everything that I created.

Also, I want advice on the best way to backup OmniFocus.

I am trying to recreate as much "Outlook" like functionality as possible.

If I could get this done today, I would really appreciate it!!!

MJB, check your private messages...

Here is how I have been able to create subfolders/sub projects and move items into them, if I understand your question correctly.

1. Create the Subfolder/Sub Project as a new action within the project.

2. Create the a new action within the project again, but select Move. You should get a pop up that lists the available options within the project, including the Subfolder/Sub Project you created in step 1 above.

3. Continue as needed.

Note: You can continue to nest the actions as well.

As for backup, I would suggest signing up for OmniGroup's Sync Service (free service) and syncing with it. I don't currently have OmniFocus for iPhone or Mac and choose to sync to Sync Service just in case something happens to my iPad.

Hope this helps!