The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus UI Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCL View Post
I agree. I do ALL my work in custom perspectives. I put quite a bit of effort into them, but now they each provide exactly what I want. I love it.
Hey RCL,

If you are comfortable sharing your custom perspectives, I'd love to see your setup.

Well, this is my first post... I've been using omnifocus for a cuple of moths and I love it. I have a lot of custom perspectives with keyboard shortcuts (Planning, Next action, Today, Actions, Waiting, Someday...) and I prefer it to any other system.
However, please please please. Put more Keyboard shortcuts! I think that they simplify life so much, and you don't need a complete UI overhaul to do them. Just a shortcut to go directly to the search-box would be really useful, and another to be able to get from one action to its project parent would be incredible too.
Today I tried THL and I really loved its Keyboard shortcuts. If you could implement something like that it would make OF much more productive i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso24 View Post
Just a shortcut to go directly to the search-box would be really useful...
How about Command-Option-F, as is used in most OS X apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso24 View Post
...and another to be able to get from one action to its project parent would be incredible too.
Only thing I have to offer here is: with an action selected, hit the left arrow key to move focus to the containing parent and collapse it.

As for adding other keyboard shortcuts, have you tried Leopard's built-in preferences under System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts? You can add application-specific keyboard shortcuts to any menu item. For example, I set Shift-Command-D to OmniFocus' Perspectives -> Revert to Default View menu option.

-Dennis