The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky (faulty?) visited link colors Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everyone,

I'm not exactly sure if this really is a bug report or a feature request, as I remember reading something about specific visited link handling related design decisions in some other thread.

Basically, the way OmniWeb "colors" visited links (according to its history or cache) seems to be somewhat flaky. This is especially apparent on frame-based sites. As an example, check out this German-language forum I frequent:

http://www.pcx-forum.de/pxmboard.php?mode=board&brdid=1

Note how, as you traverse the various threads, the visited links don't get "colored". This works semi-fine in Safari (well, you still need to hover your mouse over those links first before they get their new color) and perfectly fine in Firefox, Opera, IE Windows et al.

Even when I completely reload the framset in WebKit, the visited links don't get their "visited" color. Well, some of them do, actually, but I haven't been able to see a pattern there.

This is up to 5.5.2 Beta 1 (5.5.1 was the first version of OmniWeb I tried. Good stuff!)

Cheers,
Hendrik

Just FYI, this is still happening in Beta 4. (And, unfortunately, stopping me from adopting the otherwise great OmniWeb as my default browser. *cries*)