The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.5.2 crashes with iPhone 3.1 [Fixed in 1.5.3 update] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have OmniFocus 1.5.2 on my iPhone & upgraded to 3.1 OS yesterday. Since then, launching OmniFocus works fine (last was on the local target setting with list chosen at top). However, if I click on the home icon to go to my projects & contacts list, the app immediately (within a second) crashes & exits to the SpringBoard.

Restarting the phone doesn't help.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2009-09-20 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: Updated the title to note the fix in OmniFocus 1.5.3

Yes, this is happening to me as well.

I even tried deleting OmniFocus from my iPhone and re-installing. It worked for a while after that, but the problem came back within a few hours.

It seems to be happening intermittently - I have yet to determine of there is something in common every time it crashes.

Be sure to report the problem to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com. If you iPhone is configured to send crash reports, then syncing your iPhone will also give the good folks at Omni more data to use in fixing the problem.

Cheers,

Curt

Curt

Hoping to hear if this is a known issue or not. I downloaded 3.1 but the install didn't complete this morning. I was going to do it this evening, but now I'll wait to hear if I'll be regretting it because of 3.1/OF issues.

Are there people running 3.1 who are NOT having this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malisa View Post
I am not having this issue with 3.1 on a 3G iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malisa View Post
I've haven't seen any crashes at all since upgrading my iPhone 3GS yesterday (running OmniFocus for iPhone 1.5.2). So the problem doesn't appear to be universal.

-Dennis

I too am having this problem. If you haven't upgraded to 3.1 yet, I wouldn't do it... Something is obviously going on.

Could it be 3G vs 3GS phones? I have a 3GS phone. Anyone having the problem on the 3G?

I'm on a 3G.

I haven't had the problem now since yesterday midday, so it's hard for me to troubleshoot it.

I hate intermittent problems - so frustrating 'cause they always pop up at the worst times...

For 1.5.3, we've found and fixed the crash leaving the map screen.

That's great to hear, Ken.

Has that update already been submitted to the App Store?