The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Scheduling a task for weekdays only Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Thanks for taking the time to make sure we know specifically which other types of repeats would be most useful to you.
In my business roughly 90% of the actions that need repeats are either monthly or quarterly. So the weekly and day repeat stuff will be useful but is only the barest of baby steps to what is actually required for repeats to be robust.

My most critical ones are the repeats of 1st Tuesday or 1st and 3rd Wednesday or 1st weekday start due 4th weekday. The more flexible not related to date or day ones that are based on monthly or quarterly intervals.

And again, it's so frustrating that as time goes on the SW we use is less capable than SW we started with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogiem View Post
I need to set something that starts the first weekday of every month and is due 7 days later. Doesn't matter what day of the week or date the 1st weekday is.

The by date doesn't work because weekends are not counted.
You need to be more precise about your specifications, I think. OmniFocus does due 7 days later just fine — 7 calendar days. If you want 7 working days later, that's a different specification. Do you propose to use a calendar to tell OmniFocus about holidays and alternative work schedules as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
OmniFocus does due 7 days later just fine — 7 calendar days. If you want 7 working days later, that's a different specification. Do you propose to use a calendar to tell OmniFocus about holidays and alternative work schedules as well?
Yes, 7 working days not calendar days. And yes I'd like for OF to have access to a calendar that I can set holidays or other events as exclusion dates.

And again most of my repeating items are on a monthly not a weekly schedule. And the 1st or 2nd or 3rd X of every month are the most useful types of repeats for me.