The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A moment to say thank you Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ditto on the thanks.

A mild :confused: on the bugs.

I must say I totally agree with the flame by popesammyjoe. I know software is hard but whatever, you should have nailed the synch feature before releasing this. Syncing with iphone is the only feature that matters. That is it. Period. Not ready. Consider what the customer has to go through:
- 20 dollars for iphone app
- 80 for desktop app
- some fee or major technical wizardry to setup and WebDAV server.

Then, after all this "request timed out" every single sync. Pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew00 View Post
I must say I totally agree with the flame by popesammyjoe. I know software is hard but whatever, you should have nailed the synch feature before releasing this.
Uh, it's not released. In case you didn't notice, version 1.1 and synching are still in alpha testing! As the saying goes, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-08-21 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: Added link to sneaky peak builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew00 View Post
I must say I totally agree with the flame by popesammyjoe. I know software is hard but whatever, you should have nailed the synch feature before releasing this. Syncing with iphone is the only feature that matters. That is it. Period. Not ready. Consider what the customer has to go through:
- 20 dollars for iphone app
- 80 for desktop app
- some fee or major technical wizardry to setup and WebDAV server.

Then, after all this "request timed out" every single sync. Pathetic.
Naturally, we KNOW that the "request timed out" is Omni's fault, and couldn't possibly be due to network problems, server problems, configuration problems, carrier problems, etc. Omni is hiring support wizards right now, maybe you should hit them up for a job. I'm sure they'd love to have someone on the staff who always knows the answer :-)

To the detractors, all I say is "whoa!". OF is a wonderful product and cutting edge in terms of the iPhone/Touch syncing. I don't expect perfection. In fact, I rather enjoy being part of the growth of OF from the days that I was trying it out in Beta. Sure, syncing takes too long and the application start up is slow as well. But I have not lost any data and my productivity hasn't suffered very much. Truth be told, the OF on my Touch allowed me to plan for my school year (I'm a school Principal) while waiting in long lines at Disney this summer!

Thanks Omnigroup. You are clearly consumer centered.