The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omnigraffle takes a really long time saving Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I'm using Omnigraffle 5.1 pro and I like it a lot except that saving larger files can be really slow ( ~1 Minute ). This is really painful.

Is this a known issue? Do you plan to improve this?

Thanks
Maurice

Do you have it set to generate QuickLook previews in the preferences? If so, this will slow down saving as it has to generate a PDF of the current state of the diagram(s) for this purpose and that lengthens the save process.

Hi Jonathan

Your suggestion, solved that problem :-)
Thanks!

Maurice

Thanks, problem is really with QuickLook generation!

I can't find anything in preferences that says anything about QuickLook previews.

I also find the save time 'way too long.

I found the Quick Look preview 'preference.' It's pretty well hidden, and should probably be in "preferences." After all, isn't that what "preferences" are for?