The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Text formatting problems with build 94739 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just updated to build 94739 and found, to my surprise and dismay, that next actions are now apparently share their text format with projects--not only the text style but also spacing. My next actions, formerly a nice purple, are now boldfaced with spacing before and after the paragraph. On closer look, available actions seem to be affected as well.

When I change the next action style, the project style changes too (in planning mode), so it's not just that the next action style has been changed, it's that there seems no longer to be a distinction between the two.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Update: I get the same problem with build 94765. Reverting to 94725 fixes the problem.

Last edited by brianogilvie; 2007-11-16 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: 2nd paragraph added; update added.

I introduced this accidentally today while cleaning up and normalizing the styling code; it's fixed in r94768. Silly me; I was looking at the styling of the non-normal cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
I introduced this accidentally today while cleaning up and normalizing the styling code; it's fixed in r94768. Silly me; I was looking at the styling of the non-normal cases.
Thanks for the quick fix--but it seems to be only partial. In r94774, normal actions are no longer bold, but Next actions are still black, not purple.

Gah. Fixed in 94787. Thanks for your patience!

Quote:
In my 94787, actions seem to share the formatting with action groups (the latter are no longer distinctly boldable as they used to be).

Quote:
Thanks for the fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
In my 94787, actions seem to share the formatting with action groups (the latter are no longer distinctly boldable as they used to be).
I'm seeing the same thing as Craig. Action groups (i.e. nested actions) don't show up in bold and their disclosure triangle only appears on mouseover. However, if the action group is completed it *does* show up in bold with the disclosure triangle always visible (not just on mouse over).

I don't think this is intentional behavior, but if it is I preferred the old style (bold action group names with always visible disclosure triangles, whether completed or not)

I'm still having problems

Tasks that are inactive are no longer colored gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswwalker2003 View Post
I'm still having problems

Tasks that are inactive are no longer colored gray
Tasks with a future start date show up properly, but blocked tasks seem to share their style with available tasks. I think once this one is fixed that should be the last of it :)

Ken fixed this today. 0/3 for me (ok, more like 9/12 or something, but still...)