The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rhapsody Radio Plugin? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Any chance that omniweb 5.5 could recognize the rhapsody plugin used also by comcast for streaming their audio channels? This does work with Safari.

thanks, Doug

could you post a link, Doug, of the page you're referring to?

I'm a paid Rhapsody subscriber. Player worked great in regular Safari, but it took some wrangling to get this working with SAFT & Safari. Based on that, I made sure my Rhapsody's site prefs in OW:

Blocked no animations (the Rhapsody Player plugin refreshes to show the running time of the current song)

Blocked no popup windows (both the signin window and the player are popups)

Used no userstyles.css sheet

When I go to the signin screen in OW, I see just a blank page. View source shows me a generic "You don't have the right OS" message.

I could get to Rhapsody's Signin screen in Safari, so I copied and saved the source from there. (And I've attached that file to this message.)

When I open that page in OW, it asks permission to fetch an "espgame.org" keychain item(?!); when I permit this, my correct Rhapsody username & pword are filled in, but clicking the "Login" button doesn't do anything.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RhapPlayerLogin.zip (13.2 KB, 505 views)

It looks like there is a WebKit issue here.

If I identify as Safari, the player shows up but it doesn't start playing. I see the same issue in WebKit 13302.

I see my regular realplayer channels there except I am "radiopass" subscriber.

Did you people try using those Real Networks stuff via Realplayer 10+ (I recommend latest) webbrowser?

You would be surprised at results. Problem is I can't even open an account at rhapsody, US only.