The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Page info inspector in 5.9.2 SP Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I've notice the page info inspector lighter in the SP 5.9.2.
For example, .flv or .mp4 videos (from site like youtube etc.)do not appears anymore in the information. They can be found in activity window, but disappears when loading is complete.

So, how will be the page info inspector in the future? Like before or like the 5.9.2 SP?

Thanks

Last edited by sangheeta; 2009-03-13 at 08:34 AM..

The WebKit inspector works for this instead:

However, I can't remember if it is active by default or if you need to activate it via a hidden preference...

I was talking about the page info inspector (command+I) , not the "inspect element" available in the contextual menu.
Up to 5.9.1, this page info was more powerfull, and to catch any objects using this, was very easy.

See this example picture with a video on youtube:

http://screencast.com/t/1mSZXmag2ZR

Last edited by sangheeta; 2009-03-13 at 08:51 AM..

Sorry, I wasn't clear... I was talking about the future - I think it is likely that the WebKit inspector will replace OmniWeb's built-in function as it is already much more powerful and easier to use. If you activate it, you can download all the components on the page much like you can do now with the built-in capability, etc. It also doesn't suffer from the missing files syndrome that OmniWeb's own one does.

Fwiw, the Resources tab shows you all the files that compose the page.

Ok, thanks JKT.
I'm starting to use the WK inspector, it's less handy that my "page info inspector" because there is no "save as…" button, but I start to understand how to use it, all I want is in the ressource panel as you said.

You can drag and drop image files from the main window of the inspector to the Finder to get them. Not sure about the text files other than copy and paste...

Yes, I found how to drag image to the finder. To save a .flv for example, I have to highlight the adress, then drag it into the Omniweb window and the download starts.
Thanks again for your help. ;)