The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Problem with Flash Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
They seem to work fine here. What problem are you encountering and which version of the Flash player/plugin do you have installed?

I have Shockwave Flash 9.0 r16

And these work fine in Safari?

I practically never use Safari lately. I just checked -- you are right, they don't work in Safari either. Incidentally, what version of Flash were you using? Can you see them in Safari and OmniWeb?

This may or may not be relevant, but I recently downgraded from Flash 9 to the latest version of Flash 8, after having some problems with Beatport (www.beatport.com -- an online music store that is entirely Flash-based). Frustratingly, I have different problems with the same site when using Flash 8, but they are less of a problem than the ones I encountered with the Flash 9 plugin (which made several key features fairly problematic).

Don't know whether there's anything wrong with Flash 9 itself, or if something was simply changed in Flash 9 that created some incompatibilities with Flash content designed for earlier versions, but either way, juust wanted to suggest that it might not have anything to do with OmniWeb. Definitely test the sites with other browsers to isolate whether it's the plugin or the browser.

I am using 8.0.24 and the sites appear to work fine in Safari and OmniWeb.

This is a problem with Flash 9 then. Thanks for the advice.