The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Proper way of implementing writePreviewsForDocument:error Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Our next round of apps will have the grid-based document picker, faster/better preview generation, better use of NSFileCoordinator, better handling of software and external keyboard sizing, some document open/close animation improvements, improved Mail/zip file wrapper handling, better 5.1 compatibility, and probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting.

After that, we're going to resume work on folders and iCloud. A bunch of iCloud work is in place, but not all of it (conflict resolution in particular needs some more work). A small amount of folder UI work is in place. The iCloud stuff depends on either Apple fixing a few bugs in 5.1 or us finding workarounds.

Beyond that... there is a bunch of other stuff we can do, but we'll have to see what customers want most at that point.

Thanks Tim!

That's already plenty for me to plan around, so I don't get into refactoring mode too often (smile)

If there's anyway I can help, don't hesitate to ask. I know this isn't exactly open source and I don't see you pulling much in.

Regards and best of luck...

Thanks! We've pulled a few patches for the text editor, but I stopped aggressively pulling changes since it seems better to wait for people to send pull requests.

Also, these huge dumps from svn to github -- while better than our old tarball approach -- aren't that helpful for others wanting to help out. We've been toying with the idea of using git internally, but we haven't had bandwidth to tackle that change yet.