The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Launch Application or Applescript from Omnifocus Action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is probably more of a OSX question than an omnifocus one, but ...

How do I create a link in an action to run an application or applescript? E.g. Every week, run script X. I'd like to click the description rather than run the script manually.

Thanks!

Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylewest View Post
This is probably more of a OSX question than an omnifocus one, but ...

How do I create a link in an action to run an application or applescript? E.g. Every week, run script X. I'd like to click the description rather than run the script manually.

Thanks!

Kyle
Drag the application (or script saved as an application) from the Finder into the Notes field of your OmniFocus task. When you're ready to run it, just double-click it. If you want it to run automatically without having to consciously launch it, instead of using OmniFocus you can create a recurring event in iCal/Calendar and give it an Open File alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobubba View Post
Drag the application (or script saved as an application) from the Finder into the Notes field of your OmniFocus task. When you're ready to run it, just double-click it. If you want it to run automatically without having to consciously launch it, instead of using OmniFocus you can create a recurring event in iCal/Calendar and give it an Open File alert.
Thanks! I never even knew that 2nd option existed.

Kyle