The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Addressbook birthdays as ToDos Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I wonder if there is as yet an effective way to bring birthdays showing up in iCal (from Addressbook) into the OF-fold. That would increase the likelihood of me actually doing something about them, I think.

It would be wonderful to automate this, but I guess some sort of self-propelling date limit would have to be included because else the OF-system would, I think, be awash in b-day tasks for all the years to come. But I am non-conversant in computer speak so...

I also think that this would be a nice innate feature for OF. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I set up birthdays in iCal with an alarm 10 days before. When I see the alarm I make a copy of my "Recognized «PersonsName» Birthday" template in OmniFocus. The birthday project doesn't show up in OF automatically, but I actually prefer the mental trigger of activating the project.

Curt