The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Status Question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am new to Omni Focus and need help.

View - the eyeglasses icon in the menu bar

Status Filter

Due Soon
Next Action
Available

I have a start date of today and none of these actions appear on the list when I attempt to create my own Perspective called Today.

When I select "Remaining" as my only other option; everything undone appears and it's too much.

Do you have to use the due date field in order to create your own Perspective as suggested here?

My current settings are:

Project Filter: All Projects
Grouping: Start
Sorting: Start
Status Filter: Available

I have a preference of showing 2 days worth of actions in the preferences pane.

Do I need to delete the "Start" entries and retype them in the "Due" field in order to use the Perspectives Feature?

Most tasks are repeatable and I was hoping to view 2 days worth sequentially to pop up when the previous task in the sequence has been checked off.

I just want to see "1" until it's checked, then have "2" pop up and so on through the day. Most will repeat as I've mentioned.

I hope my question is clear enough. The OF "lingo" is new to me too.

Thanks for any guidance.

ps. I see where you can "Focus on Selected Projects" but can I focus on a "Date Range" anywhere?

Last edited by Little Moon; 2010-08-09 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: one more thing...?

The issue is that you're constructing this perspective in project/planning mode instead of context mode. That's only going to turn up the projects that start today, not the actions that start today.

Switch to context mode (cmd-2, or View->Context Mode). Group by Start date, show Available actions. Close the groups for anything but Start today, and save as a perspective. That should show you only actions starting today, though of course if you open one of the closed groups, you'll see its contained actions as well.

It's working! Thanks!