The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Interrupting (Overlapping?) Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Being not-too-experienced with typical PM tasks I'm not certain if what I'm trying to accomplish here can be done with two simple tasks or not..

I have a resource who's got a development task to work on which has his attention for 100% of the time, and will take several days. In the middle of that time there's a deployment task with a fixed start/end time that he needs to be involved with that will take up 100% of his time for its duration.

I was hoping I could convince OmniPlan to overlap the two tasks, and extend out the completion date of the longer task, but I'm not sure what things to tweak to accomplish that, or if it's even possible. Will I have to split the longer task into phases that fit on either side of the task with the fixed date, similar to this thread (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=16893) or can I actually get the two tasks to overlap?

I thought of another way to phrase what I want that might be more clear.

I'd like to tell the short task to take 100% of the resource's time, and other other task to take as much of that resource's time is available.