The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clippings Shortcut unable to record Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi I am currently on a 14 day trial and getting to grips with OF, hit a problem trying to get a clipping from mail seemed to be unresponsive to quick entry clipping via shortcut, typed in suggested 'ctrl-alt-c' and has refused now to respond to any more changes to record new shortcut commands. reinstalling suggestion on forums sounds a bit drastic,not to mention time consuming reentering all the tasks and categories i just entered. any ideas on how to solve this glitch losing the will to live here! cheers Tom.......

hang on cracked it !
went into system pref in mac - keyboard - keyboard shortcuts - press + to add new applications - select Omnifocus - assign new clippings shortcut - shift - command - comma and then - went to OF pref - clippings shortcuts put in new keys for shortcut - quit all apps and restart . open OF check - open mail - highlight copy 'shift - command -comma' and hooorah !!! a mail clipping in my Quick entry window ....... and enough OF for now off to bed.

Last edited by tomsutherland101; 2009-11-01 at 01:26 PM..

I'm having the same problem but this hasn't worked for me.

I've added the shortcut in system preferences but its still not letting me record the shortcut. I've tried restarting the program. Still no look.

Any ideas anyone?

Re installed the program. Sill no luck.

Hi Danz, do you have the latest snow leopard upgrade? Previous version apparently installed the applications automatically, but recent changes in mac system seem to be leaving third party apps to provide their own fixes address your post to one of the omni techies im sure they will be able to help good luck!

Woops - Didn't see this thread earlier - http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13807

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz013 View Post
Woops - Didn't see this thread earlier - http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13807
Sorry, just realised the link above was re clip-o-tron rather than clipping in general. So... still looking for a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz013 View Post
Sorry, just realised the link above was re clip-o-tron rather than clipping in general. So... still looking for a solution.
Having the same Problem on 10.6.1.....? Anyone having this problem? Like when i go to record a clippings shortcut under preferences it won't even record it...? It just says all programs need to be restarted but the box is still empty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikemkballer View Post
Having the same Problem on 10.6.1.....? Anyone having this problem? Like when i go to record a clippings shortcut under preferences it won't even record it...? It just says all programs need to be restarted but the box is still empty?
I'm having this issue as well ...

No problem on my G5 with Leopard, but on my MBP @ 10.6.1, no luck.

I'm having the same problem on my MBP with 10.6.2. I send in a note to the techies. I'm looking forward to a fix. :) Miss the clipping.

Howdi Guys, I've managed to fix this however, the bad news is I have no idea how I've actually done it.

I was messing around in system prefs > keyboard > services > OmniFocus: Send to Inbox

Try messing around with that and recording your shortkey there. At first, it wouldn't let me record my chosen short key (Shift + Alt + Cmd + Rtn) however, I then tried to use a different one which it accepted (Shift + Alt + Cmd + comma). Closed down my apps and reopened and it all worked.

I then went into omnifocus directly and changed the shortkey the normal way back to my old one and it accepted it? Weird.