The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can I add user defined fields ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have been using Omnifocus for a few months on the Mac and the iPad.
There us one thing I am missing which would make things perfect. I would like to show the urgency and importance of a task. This would allow me to determine where my stuff falls in the quadrant of urgent/non urgent / important /non important. Is it possible to add either a user defined field or to add multiple contexts? I may have missed something but if anyone can help me it would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Warren

Hi Warren,

Currently there's no way of adding multiple contexts to a task.

While Omnifocus doesn't have the capacity for users to create their own fields, if you want to distinguish tasks as low/med/high priority you might want to add bullet points (press Option-8) to the name of the task. For example,

A normal task

•• A task that's important

••• Something that needs to be done urgently

The benefit of using bullet points in this way is that you can save "•••" as a perspective so that all of your urgent tasks could be grouped together in a single view.

I hope that helps,
chris.

Hi Chris,

This helps a lot , I was thinking of adding something to the description but this would work better given I group them together in the perspective. I can then output the task and push them to Excel if I want to see if graphically. Thanks for your time , maybe something for them to think about for an update.

Thanks again
Warren

There was a long thread some time ago about priorities. You might look through there for some suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgreer View Post
Hi Chris,

This helps a lot , I was thinking of adding something to the description but this would work better given I group them together in the perspective. I can then output the task and push them to Excel if I want to see if graphically. Thanks for your time , maybe something for them to think about for an update.

Thanks again
Warren
If you want this as a feature (as many of us do) please email the ninjas from the support menu and request it.