The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change automatic Word Wrapping Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I' doing a standard outline and each level has long paragraphs. OO automatically wraps text in each level at around 45 characters. How to I increase paragraph width so that the words in each level are as wide as the actual columm?

Did you paste in any content to this file? It sounds like you might have a tail indent set, often due to pasting from another app. Select a row and look at the Style Attributes inspector. Look for anything listed might be responsible for the text wrapping and remove it by clicking on the 'x' to the right of it. That should take care of it, if not, just let me know.

OK, I was able to clear the Style Attribute of those rows using "Clear Style" in the utility drawer. This is all new text generated within OO (Not pasted from another app). I did see see a style called "Tail Indent -435" in the inspector for that level, but I'm not sure how it got there...looks like a default indent.

My problem is, I can't figure out how to actually create or edit the Tail Indent within the style...can you provide instructions?

Thanks..Mark

You can do that with the ruler, cmd-r will turn it on, or Format -> Text -> Show Ruler. There isn't a tail indent set by the app by default but if this is showing up on a new document, then it somehow got saved to your default template. You can edit the template by going to OmniOutliner menu -> Preferences -> General Tab -> Edit New Document Template