The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF and AddressBook/Mail/Doc Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can I link a task like i.e. "Call Suzanna" with Suzannas contact entry in AddressBook? If yes, how? I miss the ability to link all kind of data or documents from other apps like e-mails, pictures, contact info and so on easily with a specific task in OF. Workflow increases if I was working on a task like "Call Suza" and have instant one-click-access to her phone number. Don't you think?

Is the software not able to manage it, or am I just not able to manage the software? Please advise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondfish View Post
Can I link a task like i.e. "Call Suzanna" with Suzannas contact entry in AddressBook? If yes, how? I miss the ability to link all kind of data or documents from other apps like e-mails, pictures, contact info and so on easily with a specific task in OF. Workflow increases if I was working on a task like "Call Suza" and have instant one-click-access to her phone number. Don't you think?

Is the software not able to manage it, or am I just not able to manage the software? Please advise!
One way is to open address book, find Suza's card and drag it's icon to the note field of the action to which it relates. You will get the name on the card (but there will be no indication that it is a link - that's a bug IMO). Later when you want the phone number, right click on the name in the note and select open with Address Book.app.

Another thing about the drag and drop that I think is a bug is that it will always give you the individual's name even for cards that are marked as companies (unless all there is is the company name). So it is not perfect yet. I am sure the Omni Gurus are not finished tinkering with links.

You can do the same thing with docs, pages, pngs, jpegs, pdfs, etc., but not with mail. Check out Curt Clifton's applescripts for a way to do that: http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~clifton/software.html.

Also, see this post: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...88&postcount=2

Last edited by dhm2006; 2007-10-04 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Added last two paragraphs on other links.

Thanks dhm! I'll check it all out tomorrow... Used to play with iGTD before and Daylite as well. A feature I definitely liked about these two apps was the possibility to view specific information related to a task at one glance, without having to switch to another app...