The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New consistent sync eror Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Running Mac OS 10.6.7 OF on mac 1.9.2 OF on iPod Touch1.10.1

I now get a consistent sync server not found if I leave OF up on my iPod, switch to another app on my iPod then bring up OF again. Only fix is shut off OF on iPod completely then restart OF on iPod. This is consistent any time I switch to another app so has to do with the multitasking background or something.

Inconsistent error that the above won't work, fix there is power off iPod then power on again with nothing running then restart OF on iPod.

I am continuing to get the error that you are getting, and unable to sync now. Server not found.
Then the error reads.....
RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
please help Omni!

newest omnifocus update on imac and iphone
updated iphone software yesterday!
updated imac software.

Last edited by kimomni; 2011-07-21 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: add what electronics using

i fixed mine. went to my iphone's general prefs.
changed time to set automatically.
bang! fixed

No option for setting time automatically on an iPod.

However, I have found a fix which seems to be working. Set the iPod to airplane mode then go in and manually set wifi on.

It makes no sense but now sync is working all the time even in the background.

Oogiem, do you have bluetooth enabled on your device? If so, does turning bluetooth off but leaving wifi on resolve the issue?

We've heard a few reports that some models' wifi and bluetooth antennas are close enough together that running both simultaneously can cause radio interference. Bit of a wild guess, but just in case it helps, I thought I'd mention it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Oogiem, do you have bluetooth enabled on your device?
Nope, bluetooth is off on my device and on my Mac.