The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export outline with images to word? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Relatively new OO user here... I'm trying to export an outline that includes pasted images, but Word says the resulting file is corrupt and will only recover the text. I've tried the docx, dochtml, and rtfd formats.

Is there a way to do this? If not, how can I use my image-rich outline to create a final document? Or am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Currently only images that don't have any spaces in their name will work. Some special characters are not allowed either. You'll need to drag the pasted images out to Finder, rename them, and then add them back in. OmniOutliner currently doesn't have the ability to rename attachments to satisfy the docx format.

Or, if you have Pages, you can try importing the docx file to that and then re-saving as docx and it will rename the images for you. Pages is much more relaxed about importing the file format and shouldn't have any issue with spaces in the file name.

Thanks so much for the quick reply, Derek.

OO named the image "Pasted graphic" when I pasted it in. If the spaces are the problem, maybe OO could name Pastedgraphic instead? Or anything else that doesn't have spaces? (Or maybe that's not the file name, I don't know. It says "display name".)

If I have to save every image as a separate file and keep track of them outside OO, it kind of defeats the purpose of using OO to organize an image-rich doc. I may as well just work directly in a word doc, where I can just paste them in as I go.

Any possibility to fix this limitation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evelynwright View Post
OO named the image "Pasted graphic" when I pasted it in. If the spaces are the problem, maybe OO could name Pastedgraphic instead?
This would only solve one very basic case. We certainly would like to fix this, but we're currently working on fixing a number of crashes and other major issues that don't have any sort of workaround.