The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcut to jump to a particular project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
With my current task management solution, I'm able to hit a hotkey that calls up a list of my projects, and I'm able to type the first few letters of the project and hit enter to jump to that project without touching the keyboard. Making the jump to any given project often takes only 3-4 keystrokes.

I'm evaluating OmniFocus, and if I wish to use the keyboard to jump to a project (without entering a new task), I need to hit Command-1 to go to projects, Command-4 to go to the sidebar, and then use the arrow keys to select the project. This can be onerous if there's a long list of projects.

The Quick Entry box allows me to add an entry to a project with as few keystrokes as I'm accustomed to, so I'm surprised I can't find a way of jumping to a project in a similar way -- hit a key, start typing the name of the project, hit enter (or command-something).

Any hints?

Thanks!