The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF Mail Problem, can't figure this out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I email myself to be entered in OF, I am having some difficulty. I can get the item(s) in the inbox, but I cannot get the project names, context, or any other info to go along with it.

Any ideas?

I have tried using -- in the subject line and addressing with the +omnifocus in the address. I am running 10.5.2 and OF 1.01. My database is on the iDisk for the bleeding edge type of person I am. ;)

I am using this:

-- Action 7 :: Project 3 // Written on my iPhone; colons work in place of greater-than sign.

That is right out of the OmniHelp file. The result I get is the following:

Thoughts?

Also, does OF have to be open for the Quick Entry (control + option + space) to work?

Do you have a project whose name includes "Project 3"? If not, OmniFocus will not create the project for you. If the text after the > or :: matches a current project, the action will indeed be placed within that project.

And Quick Entry only functions when OmniFocus is open. Ken has explained that a separate Quick Entry faceless application would consume nearly as many system resources as the complete OmniFocus application, so it doesn't make sense to run Quick Entry separately. If you find yourself wishing for Quick Entry when OF is not open, you could make OF a startup application.