The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OP beta 3 hanging during leveling Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just downloading and installed the beta 3. When I do a "Level", which previously took about 2 seconds, the beta 3 version takes forever (it's been beach-balling about 5 minutes now), and consumes a lot of memory (if I open Activity Monitor, and set the icon to show memory usage, it gradually turns all blue, and then about 3/4 yellow, at which point my system becomes almost unusable, and I have to force-quit it). My machine has 2 GB RAM. I'm running OS X 10.4.8 on an Intel Mac Pro.

I currently have 16 tasks, with anywhere from 2-17 subtasks each (probably averaging about 6 or 8 each).

I have tried this 3 times in a row, and the same results each time. I think I will have to revert to a previous version.

Have you sent an email to support yet? If not, take a sample (in Activity Monitor) and send that to omniplan@omnigroup.com. If you can, also include the project file. That will help us track this issue down quickly and hopefully get a fix out soon.

OK, I've submitted the requested files.

We received your files and have started a bug report about this issue. Thanks mprewitt!