The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running Scripts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This may be a silly question, but as I'm not generally familiar with running AppleScripts, I figured I'd ask. I've come across some helpful scripts here and there for OmniFocus, but I'm unsure what the best -- or easiest, really -- way to run them is. Right now I'm using LaunchBar to run the script, which is simple enough, but I was wondering if there was another way.

Any advice? And, of course, thanks.

If you put the script in your Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniFocus folder in your home directory (you will probably have to create the OmniFocus directory when you first do this), you can add the script as a button on your toolbar with the View->Customize Toolbar... command. Alternatively, right- or control-click in the toolbar and choose Customize Toolbar from the popup menu.

Also, Applescript Utility has an option to give you an Applescript menu in the menu bar. The menu will show you the scripts stored in the hierarchy mentioned above and allow you to execute them with a single click.

Beautiful! I had no idea I could put scripts in the toolbar (plus I'd forgotten about how you get the script menu in the menu bar). One I've been using frequently is Curt's "Verify Next Actions" script, and I actually just now discovered I can clear the "Missing NA" text via an included script.

Ah, something new every day. Thanks.