The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to make a "What I did Today/This Week" report? [SOLVED: See thread, email ninjas] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi folks,

there are days where you worked hard but at the end, you question yourself what it all was tah you did.

I'm actualy not able to configure my OF to present me a List of the accomplished tasks of the day. This List would be very sattisfying :-)

Is there a possibility to have that list?

Thank You,
Cheers,
Ralf

Last edited by ralfloebelt; 2009-05-11 at 10:23 PM..

Yes, go to context mode, group by completed, sort by completed (or project, if you want to see project actions together at the cost of the timeline), completed actions, any duration, any flag state. Close the groups for other than today if desired. Save as a perspective for easy reuse.

I'm pretty sure we have a request filed for a "Status Report" perspective; if folks would like to see something like this built in to OmniFocus, please email the support ninjas.

Perfect - that was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Yes, go to context mode, group by completed, sort by completed (or project, if you want to see project actions together at the cost of the timeline), completed actions, any duration, any flag state.
You mean project mode, right? I went into context mode to do the grouping but I didn't get the picklist bar. In project mode, I'm seeing "Not Yet Completed" with actions that have been struck out. I'm using version 1.6.1. Shouldn't it read "Completed"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolajl View Post
You mean project mode, right? I went into context mode to do the grouping but I didn't get the picklist bar. In project mode, I'm seeing "Not Yet Completed" with actions that have been struck out. I'm using version 1.6.1. Shouldn't it read "Completed"?
No, he means context mode. You can't get stuff for a date range in project mode, really. In context mode you can sort by date completed.

If you don't get the picklist bar you should just show it. Click the eyeglasses in the toolbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolajl View Post
No, I meant context mode. Group by completed in project mode will only show you completed projects, and thus your status report won't show any of the work you did on projects that weren't completed. Group by completed in context mode will show you completed actions (which you can sort so that all of a project's actions are together if you sort by project). I'm guessing the "picklist bar" is the View Bar, which is available in both modes, via View->Show View Bar, or cmd-shift-V, or automatically if it was active when you saved your current perspective.

By the way, in Project mode you probably had your project selector (over the sidebar) set to Active or Remaining projects, which would filter out all of the completed projects from view, leaving you with nothing but "Not Yet Completed" projects to display. If you go set that selector to "All Projects" you should get some "Completed Today" "Completed Yesterday" etc. groups (assuming of course that you have some completed projects in your database, and they haven't all been migrated out to the archive).

Great, that can be usefull to fill timesheets at the end of the day.

Ahh . . . got it now.