The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniPresence
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

An issue with a synology webdav server Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have also an issue with a Synology NAS. When I tried to setup the connection, I got the following error:

Code:
Method Not Allowed
The requested method MKCOL is not allowed for the URL /.com.omnigroup.OmniPresence/.

Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips DAV/2 Server at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Port 5005
(My webdav server is running on the port 5005 or 5006 for https)

I have tried the trick of adding the "/webdav/DAV" extension. Now, I have this error:

Code:
Method Not Allowed
The requested method PROPFIND is not allowed for the URL /webdav/DAV/.

Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips DAV/2 Server at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Port 5005
(the error is the same on the port 5006)

Any clue?

Best

Hi,

I also want to use Synology WebDav buth with no succes. I get this error when the server is test

"WebDav server failed conformance test.

When a file is moved into a directory and replaces another fule, the directory's modification date should change. Should not be able to move a collection inside a missing collection"

Omnigroup say that the can't do anything because it is the NAS (synology). I contact Synology and they give me this answer.

"
Hi,

Thanks for your inqiury.

Unfortunately there is no announced plan to support this feature at the moment. we apologize for your inconvenience.
However, we have passed this message to our developers and product management group.
They will have more research on such feature. Hopefully we will be able to support this feature in our future DSM releases.
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

If you have any great suggestions or feature requests, please kindly send them to our Product Management group at:
http://www.synology.com/support/inqu...ang=enu&type=1

Please feel free to contact us again if you have further questions or suggestions.

Best Regards
Derek Chung
"

I hope they can make it work.

I'm just going to give an outline of what needs to be done. I don't have time to do a tutorial or hold hands. I found out how to do it through Google, so you can too.

TO BE CLEAR... I WILL *NOT* BE REPLYING TO ANY FOLLOWUP POSTS HERE!

1. On the Synology, add the SynoCommunity repo.
2. Install the Debian chroot - everything from now on will be done in the chroot.
3. mkdir /run/shm
4. mount -t tmpfs none /run/shm
5. Build apache2 and apr (libapr1) from source packages. See Debian Wiki
6. Install the .dpkg files
7. Follow any guide for setting up WebDAV in Debian or Ubuntu
8. Make sure that apache2 is set to start in the Debian Chroot config panel.
9. Buy yourself a beer. If you got this far, you deserve it!

JUST IN CASE I DIDN'T SAY IT LOUD ENOUGH BEFORE... I WILL *NOT* BE REPLYING TO ANY FOLLOWUP POSTS HERE!

Good luck!

I installed Omnipresence and tried to point to my Synology NAS via WebDAV as well; I ran into the same issue. I reported the problem to Synology using their technical support inquiry form which might be more appropriate than the above-linked general feedback form.

I have not looked into darkermatter's solution yet, and am not certain I will - it clearly lies beyond the limits of my current technical abilities. I will probably end up using Omnigroup's server for now; I am trying to rid myself off of external cloud services, but oh well