The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Folder action for automatically adding new files to OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
A user emailed earlier in the week wondering if there was a way to automatically add bills that he was scanning as PDFs to OmniFocus as actions. He knew that he could have his scanning software place the PDFs in a particular folder, but wasn't sure how to get them into OmniFocus from there without too many clicks.

The answer I came up with is the attached Folder action script. It takes any files that are added to the folder and attaches them to individual actions in the quick entry window.

To use, extract the .scpt file from the .zip and place it in /Library/Scripts/Folder Action Scripts/. You can add the action to any folder by control-clicking that folder in the finder and choosing Services >Folder Actions Setup...

I am by no means an AppleScript expert so there may be some situations where the script fails, but in my testing here it works well. As always, your feedback is welcome
Attached Files
File Type: zip Add files as OmniFocus actions.scpt.zip (2.7 KB, 1419 views)