The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeat Actions break Next Action Views Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've found a bug with the way OmniFocus handles repeating actions in a project.

To reproduce:

1. Create project.
2. Add a daily Repeating Action
3. Add another daily Repeating Action
4. Configure Perspective to only show Next Actions

The Repeating Actions will have a due date of "today". In the Next Action view, the first of the repeating actions is displayed (as I'd expect). When you click that action to complete it though, the next action is _the same action_ due tomorrow.

I would expect the Next Action to be the next action due _today_. I've attached screenshots of the issue in both Next Action and Remaining views:

Remaining View:

1. Two repeating actions due today:

2. Complete first repeating action due today: (the new repeating action appears immediately below instead of at the end or in date order)

Now, for how this looks in next Actions:

1. Complete the action. I'd expect the next action _due today_ to appear as that would be technically next. But as is clear. this would never happen. If this view was used, most of the project would never get done :P

You need to put a start date on your repeating actions if you don't want them to be immediately available.

The Next Action is the uppermost action in the project which is available; the concept has nothing to do with due dates, it's simply the next thing you can do to advance the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The Next Action is the uppermost action in the project which is available; the concept has nothing to do with due dates, it's simply the next thing you can do to advance the project.
Good to know, thank you for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Works like a charm!