The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniPresence
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPresence browser app for iPhone/iPad? [A: no plans yet, but maybe someday.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Looking better and better, wouldn't this be the next step ?

OmniPresence support is being added to all our document based iPad apps, OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and OmniGraphSketcher!

Thus there is no OmniPresence iPad app?

There is nothing in the works, but it is something we'd like to do.

Due to the sandboxing enforced on iOS, there is no way for us to add this functionality via a separate application there - it has to be built in to each individual app. (There might still be some things a separate application could do that would be useful, but it simply isn't allowed to do all the syncing that is the point of this feature.)

But we can make a viewer app which is what I assumed you meant, but perhaps not.

yep; a viewer would be helpful.

This might be a crazy idea, but I'd love the ability to browse, view, and share files stored in OmniPresence from my iPhone. Specifically, my OmniOutliner files. Editing wouldn't be a priority here, just viewing and sharing.

This is essentially what you can do with the Dropbox app. It doesn't edit files either.

Thoughts?

This would be great. I want to be able to see PDFs, iWork, Office etc. docs on my iPad