The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Will there ever be an Omniweb 6? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
VIVA OW!

I have cash reserved for version 6.

Hopefully it'll be out before hyperinflation occurs.

i don't need ad-blocking built into OW because i already have a software firewall in little snitch, so that would be redundant.
what would fascinate me most in the future would be integration between OW and OG for brainstorming and web presentations. it's the kind of niche a small, aggressive company can exploit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrglsmrc View Post
what would fascinate me most in the future would be integration between OW and OG for brainstorming and web presentations. it's the kind of niche a small, aggressive company can exploit.
Or, you can use Opera. It has a built-in presentation markup language that can display full-screen "slides" built in regular html. It's called OperaShow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
Or, you can use Opera. It has a built-in presentation markup language that can display full-screen "slides" built in regular html. It's called OperaShow.
Opera is a port. It feels like crap and works like shareware.

What's the point of using a Mac when the applications one uses are bad Windows ports?

The Omni Group makes applications that make me want to keep using Mac OS X. OmniWeb makes me enjoy using my Mac, Opera doesn't do that. Opera feels like shit more than Firefox does.

I tried Opera in the 90s and recently tried it again. The developers have ADD. That's all I have to say.

Last edited by frankiec; 2008-12-05 at 09:05 PM..

obviously i am not discussing slide presentations in a browser as implemented by opera. what would be the point of using slides in a browser when keynote and powerpoint are out there?
i am asking for group brainstorming where multiple people can draw something in graffle and they communicate with each other through OW.
this sort of group think is starting to happen in xmind3 (java) and mindmanager8 (pc only).
i can't tell a company what to do because i am not a stockholder. for all i know, it might be too late for omni to get started in this field of merging browsing and presentation for groups. but it does seem like a natural extension of the technology to me.
regarding opera, i am glad its out there. i encourage my windows friends to use it as an alternative to AOL and IE.

Maaaaan, can't yet till we get some info on this.

Fingers crossed for 2009!

OW has been on version 5 for ages... so all the upgrades have been free. Which is great, on the one hand.

But if version 6 was to come out, as a paid upgrade, many of your loyal users would buy it. I'm certainly ready to put money towards OW if it's getting better.

Amorya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrglsmrc
i use several browsers for different reasons, along with url-manager.
i am starting to use omniweb alot. you can save money using omniweb when shopping because manipulating your site specific cookies can affect the offers and prices you receive from vendors. that pays for the cheap cost of omniweb. so i won't dump it.
i also use safari 3.2 with safari stand and saft. it's fun for certain kinds of work; it's the las vegas of browsers with cover flow history etc. it's also dangerously insecure for those very reasons like smbl loading etc. i don't want omniweb to be insecure just to duplicate what i already have for free.
this seems to be a wish-list thread.
With url-manager do you use? I use BookIt but I'm looking for another that supports Firefox 3 sync'ing. Thanks. :)

Last edited by Scalpel; 2008-12-20 at 11:36 PM..

i use url-manager pro by alco blom. there are problems synching with firefox here too. but i have a history file in the url manager that can open into ff3 so transitioning into ff3 is easy.
the other way around works in url manger pro beta11 which i use, but not in the standard release.
however it is trialware, so you can test it on your rig.
most of firefoxes problems have been caused by firefox and other outside developers can't fix them.
i apologize for answering an off-topic question here.

Thanks for your reply.