The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Things vs Omni Focus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What I meant was I can enjoy an unlimited level of subtasks in Life Balance. In OmniFocus, at least from what I've seen, I can do that, but only by converting a project to a folder. So, to me, OmniFocus provides a great tool when initially planning, but not so much when in the middle of things.

Here is an example. I may be doing a review, and find something that I keep "pushing off" (yes, I've been known to procrastinate). More often than not, it's because I haven't broken it down to the smallest element. In Life Balance, I can add a sub-task or series of them indicating what I need to accomplish to get to that hanging task. In OmniFocus accomplishing that same thing is more challenging.

All that being said, I love the Review Date concept of OmniFocus and it's the one element which has me constantly coming back to play with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denrael View Post
Here is an example. I may be doing a review, and find something that I keep "pushing off" (yes, I've been known to procrastinate). More often than not, it's because I haven't broken it down to the smallest element. In Life Balance, I can add a sub-task or series of them indicating what I need to accomplish to get to that hanging task. In OmniFocus accomplishing that same thing is more challenging.
On the iPhone or on the Desktop? On the desktop it is very easy to nest actions below a top level. Just hit enter then command-] to indent the new action as a child of the one above it. Any new ones subsequently added will be at the same level as the child. Command-[ will outdent if you want to get back to the parent level.

On the iPhone, this is obviously a lot trickier ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurothespian View Post
Thanks for the info, JKT -- all of that makes me feel very good about my investment in the desktop & iPhone versions of OF! =)
Looking back at my post, I should clarify what I mean by OTA synching - Things does Wi-Fi synching with the Desktop client over your LAN, but there is no way to do OTA synching to a server to backup your content in the absence of the desktop app, or to synch with the desktop app via EDGE, 3G or Wi-Fi to a server.

Ok, a blunt remark, statement, or maybe just semi off topic bullocks: my things license is for sale! Have it cheap! I have the desktop and the iphone license, but i guess you can only sell your desktop license.. I don't know, but check the CC dudes for that. It is doing nothing for me anymore, and i'm more then willing to let go of it.