The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Setting up calendar alerts in OmniFocus for iPhone [Retired: use local notifications] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
yes thanks... that I know!
what I meant is to keep the OF context (already linked to an Ical Calendar...!) and not to create events in a special calendar (OF-reminders for instance...)
eg.:
if I have an OF task in the @call context and I want to create an event from that can I keep the @call context/calendar in Ical instead of creating the event in Ical in a different calendar (OF-reminders was your name...)?

thx

Alessandro

Are you talking about the reminders that get put in to support notifications on the iPhone/iPod? It sounds like Brian is talking about the OmniFocus<->iCal sync on the desktop. The direction of this thread has wandered around quite a bit; it would be helpful to start new threads for new topics!

Amelchi - what's going on here is that the iPhone exports the Reminders calendar. It contains reminder events for any action that has a due date set, regardless of what context that action is tied to.

This lets you get reminders for all your due events on your iPhone or Blackberry, but in the same way that iCal won't accept events without a calendar, they can't be tied to multiple calendars.

If you do want to see what the context was for an action exported to that calendar, there's a URL embedded in the calendar entry which will take you to that action in OmniFocus if tapped...

dear whpalmer4,
dear Brian,

you both are right...
It is OmniFocus<->iCal sync on the desktop.
it needed a new thread...but...
I did started a new thread and nobody answer...!
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...0908#post70908

keep waiting!

amelchi

Whoops! We try to browse the forums as much as we're able, but we can't promise that we'll be able to post a response in every thread. If you ever need a guaranteed response from one of our folks, send an email from the help menu and we'll be happy to assist.

That said, I added a response in the other thread - sorry I missed it before!

thanks,

you're always very kind!
happy new year!

How can I set this up on an iCal Server? I tried syncing but got an error.

Hmm. Do you think there might be any possible value in telling us what the error was? :)

i guess that would helpful (sorry):

The mail.heyday.us server returned “method not allowed” (405) in response to a request to “PROPFIND /OmniFocus.ofocus”.