The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Items disappearing from favorites bar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This has been something that I first noticed in omniweb a year or so ago. After I log into certain wifi hotspots, such as at a cafe or the airport, the bookmarks and bookmarklets on my favorites bar will disappear. Why is this? Is there any way to quickly get them back?

Thanks,
Mike

I am having this exact same problem in build 94357.

This first appeared for me in the 11/8 sneaky peak.

Interestingly, they appear until a page completes loading then they disappear, leaving just a gray bar.

Turning on and off the favorites toolbar didn't help, nor did replacing the favorites.html file.

Hmmm. Going back to 5.6 doesn't fix this.

Ideas??

mebiel is talking about a different issue. when connecting to certain networks that require a username/password to be entered in a webpage to access the network (such as in internet cafes), the bookmarks would disappear and be replaced by a bookmark related to that network. once you sign into that network, you need to quit OW and launch it to get your bookmarks back.

what i am more bothered about is, i'm using iDisk bookmark syncing so this one bookmark would replace all my bookmarks on the server.

any solution to this?

Hmmm, I guess the solution is only use omniweb at home...

IIRC, once you have logged in, the solution is simply to quit OmniWeb and re-open it. Your bookmarks should be back then. However, it has been quite some time since I used my laptop at a Wi-Fi cafe.

Quit OW/logging out and re-opening OW doesn't work. Why does this happen in OW and not firefox or safari? I'm at a hotel now (forgot that I couldn't use OW on the road) opened up OW and ....pooof...lost my bookmarks in my favorites bar.

If you know you're going to be using public wifi that require http authentication I might recommend turning bookmark syncing off. It doesn't deal with this sort of authentication well.