The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google Search Sometimes Does Not Change Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been having a weird problem as of lately and it finally got to the annoyance point where I made an account on here to see what is up.

Sometimes when I try to change my search text on google directly, (using the search field on google.com not the top right search bar) my search won't stick. For example:

1. Go to 'Google.com'
2. Type in search box 'iPhone 4', hit enter.
3. Change search to 'iPhone 4 Review', hit enter.
- Search immediately reverts back to 'iPhone 4'
4. Change search to 'iPhone 4 Review', hit enter.
5. Change search to 'iPhone 4 Review', hit enter.
5. Change search to 'iPhone 4 Review', hit enter.
- Search finally works and displays results 'iPhone 4 Review'.

This doesn't happen 100% of the time but it does happen quite frequently. I'd say 80% of the time I try it by doing the above, or changing a search I made using the top right search bar.

I have not erased my Omniweb preferences nor my Omniweb Application Support folder. (It is my main browser and I don't want to lose all my stuff) I might try backing it up and deleting and see if it fixes the issue.

I am using OmniWeb/5.10.3/GM-v622.14 revision 141351.

Forgive me if this has been addressed or answered somewhere and I have overlooked it, but I didn't find anything pertaining to this when searching.

Thanks all.