The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google Search Sometimes Does Not Change Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been having a weird problem as of lately and it finally got to the annoyance point where I made an account on here to see what is up.

Sometimes when I try to change my search text on google directly, (using the search field on google.com not the top right search bar) my search won't stick. For example:

1. Go to 'Google.com'
2. Type in search box 'iPhone 4', hit enter.
3. Change search to 'iPhone 4 Review', hit enter.
- Search immediately reverts back to 'iPhone 4'
4. Change search to 'iPhone 4 Review', hit enter.
5. Change search to 'iPhone 4 Review', hit enter.
5. Change search to 'iPhone 4 Review', hit enter.
- Search finally works and displays results 'iPhone 4 Review'.

This doesn't happen 100% of the time but it does happen quite frequently. I'd say 80% of the time I try it by doing the above, or changing a search I made using the top right search bar.

I have not erased my Omniweb preferences nor my Omniweb Application Support folder. (It is my main browser and I don't want to lose all my stuff) I might try backing it up and deleting and see if it fixes the issue.

I am using OmniWeb/5.10.3/GM-v622.14 revision 141351.

Forgive me if this has been addressed or answered somewhere and I have overlooked it, but I didn't find anything pertaining to this when searching.

Thanks all.