The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OO4 Feature Requests. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I apologize if there is a more appropriate place for these suggestions. Feel free to move this post about if needed.

I am a long time lover/user of OO3 and look forward to the improvements to come in OO4. I would be overjoyed if OO4 were to implement one or both of the following two features.

Typewriter Scrolling
OO and WriteRoom are my two top apps, and I regularly curse the lack of typewriter scrolling in the former. There is absolutely no padding between the bottom of a window and the text in an OO document, so that when the document reaches the end of the window, all further entries take place in this extremely pinched space. It would be lovely to be able to add a buffer to this, so that more of the blank page could be seen. I find that I often add empty rows or hoist to artificially produce this feature.

Tab Views
I find that I often work in multiple outlines at the same time: a class schedule, working on assignment structures, and grade breakdowns. OO would be classy and quite powerful if it supported tabbed viewing, or some other elegant way to interact with multiple outlines, or views of the same outline (with different sections Hoisted).

For OO4 I would like single-project critical chain features to be added. And can we get our choice of the three methods for calculating buffer sizes?