The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Perspective grayed out after search Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello everyone,

I have been reading through the use of saved search perspectives in OF in an effort to get around the lack of tags / multiple contexts. What I want to do is replace some number of contexts with a tag (waiting for as an example), reserving the actual context for the person's name. The theory being that if I run into said person I can pull up their context, if I'm checking my waiting for list I can also see the same actions with the persons name.

What I've read is that I should focus on the folders I want, search for my term (#waiting), and then save the search. This will allow me to call up the saved search like any other perspective. Unfortunately no matter what I search on when I go to save the perspective it option is grayed out until I clear the search term.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or this feature stopped working. OF version is 1.10.4, OS 10.8.5.

Thanks,
Andy

Old post, but this was the first Google result when I searched the same problem.

Two solutions, both worked for me in quick testing (1.10.6 on 10.9):
1) after entering the search term, click "out" of the search box; e.g. the blank space under the last task in the main window

2) save a blank perspective with the name you want (#waiting), activate that perspective and tweak all the view settings to get what you want, and "Save Window As > #waiting" to update the perspective

Not sure if/when this changed but I have saved-search perspectives already in my system and I know I didn't have this much trouble setting them up initially.