The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting to Powerpoint Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can I export my work on OmniOutliner towards PowerPoint ?
Thanks you.

No sorry, OO does not have a PowerPoint format export.

Has anyone developed a script for exporting OmniOutliner into the outline format used by MS Word and Powerpoint? I do all of my outlining in OO, but often need to move the outline into Word or PowerPoint because those are the documents that will be sent to clients. Right now, it's a big manual hassle of applying styles to the various heading levels, deleting tabs, etc. There is a tool on the web that creates OPML files FROM PowerPoint but not the other way around.

It isn't possible to export to Word's outline format because it doesn't support multiple columns.

If you are happy to drop the columns, Omnioutliner's File/Export/MS Word (HTML) will take you straight to Word outline format.

Just to be clear, do you mean File>Export>HTML? I don't have a "Word(HTML)" option. When I do use File>Export>HTML and open the index.html file in Word, I end up with a table, not an outline.
Since I rarely if ever use multiple-columns, I was hoping that would have been a good fix. Am I not understanding something?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris
Can I export my work on OmniOutliner towards PowerPoint ?
Thanks you.
What you can do is export it to Keynote, presuming you have that, format it (It opens in a totally vanilla form) in Keynote and then export that to PowerPoint.

Mark