The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is there a way to sync/see only selected contexts to OF on my iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to be able to only see contexts like "calls" and "errands" on my iPhone. Is there a way to do this? Perhaps a filter on the context list? Or only syncing certain contexts?

Nope, it's all or nothing with syncing. If you want Omni to consider your request for different functionality, send email to omnifocus-iphone@omnifocus.com, or use the Send Feedback command.

Thanks! I didn't want to request a feature if it was already around somewhere. :-) But I'll do so now.

Are you kidding? Those are the easiest kind of feature requests to fulfill, no one gets upset about those :)

There is an argument to be made that syncing everything gives you better data security, because every device will have a complete copy of the database which could be used to regenerate the system if something happens. Not so if only a fraction of your data goes over. I'm curious, why don't you want all of your data on the mobile device? Personally, I want more functionality for handling all of my data there (perspectives and the review functionality being at the top of my wish list), not a way to dumb it down. At the moment I've got 3500 actions on my 2G iPod touch, and performance is fine.