The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Possible OO3 iPhone read only solution? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It seems like OmniOutliner on the iPhone is STILL a distant dream after all these years but I just thought of a temporary solution that could possibly work and give read only access to your OO3 files but I'm not sure exactly how to implement it.

My idea is if you could have some kind of script or automator action that could go through all your OO3 files, export them in an iphone readable format (like html) and stick those exported files into a folder in your Dropbox folder (or other sync program you use), you could at least have a read only access to your OO3 files. The script would ideally run on a fixed time interval and/or whenever a change is detected in any of the files.

I'll play around with OSX's Automator to see if I can figure it out, but I've never used it before and wanted to post this to see if anyone experienced with Automator knows if what I've described is possible or not.