The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pasting in Plain Text Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to the URLs I paste in to not be links as I am doing a presentation on URLs and need to edit them.

You have two choices once you've pasted a URL in OO.

* Right click on the link and choose 'Edit Link'
* When the 'Link Destination' Sheet appears with the link in it you can do one of two things:
a) Edit the URL in place in the 'Link Destination' Sheet.
b) Copy the URL, click 'Cancel' and then paste the copied text over the URL.

I'm not sure how you can copy a link and then paste it as text (unless you click on the link, copy the URL in the address filed of your browser and paste that as text).

James B

If you go to OmniOutliner menu -> Preferences -> General tab and uncheck
'Automatically create attachments from typed URLs', links won't be converted to the attachment tags when you paste it.

Is there a way to do this without resorting to the Preferences. I'm using OmniOutliner to document lecture notes. Most of the time I do want the url links to appear as clickable links, however when I type in a block of program code which contains url, I want it to stay as plain text so I can later copy and paste it as a complete line of text. The way omnioutliner is working means I get a part line of text and then the URL button which doesn't copy and paste well. Is there a way to flag the line to stay as text.

Sorry, no, that is not possible. Your issue is resolved in OmniOutliner 4 though. OO4 uses regular hyperlinks so while it may be a clickable link, when you copy and paste somewhere, you'll just get the same text as you seen in the OO file.