The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Calendar Export on iPhone 1.6 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The new version (1.6) is a vast improvement, as well noted by others in this forum. Kudos! :)

I've been using the Calendar Export option (prior to the update) but now I'm having troubles. Despite clicking off my tasks through the day, the completed status did not sync with iCal on the iPhone, resulting in numerous erroneous reminders all day. Looking in the list view of iCal (on the iPhone) I have reminders still posted 8 hours back. If I click on the hyperlink in that reminder that takes me back to OmniFocus, where it shows the task completed.

Is there a way to delete the subscribed OmniFocus-Reminders.ics calendar on the iPhone and start over? I tried turning this option off in OmniFocus 1.6 but it does not remove it from the calendar, nor would I expect it to. Of course this is not showing up on my desktop iCal so I can't delete it there.

Any suggestions??? :confused:

You can remove it from Settings -> Mail, Contacts, & Cal -> it should be listed just like an email account and can be deleted.

Thanks magown for directing my eyes where they should have gone first! That is precisely what I was looking for, and that took care of the issue. All is well again!

I'm still a bit curious as to what failed here. That calendar is only updated when the iPhone syncs (at the moment, this feature is slated to come to OF 1.8 on the Mac), and then the Calendar app on the iPhone has to pull in a fresh copy of the reminders calendar. Is there any possibility that the iPhone OF wasn't syncing prior to your launching the OF app by following the link from the calendar? Or that the Calendar app wasn't able to get an update in a timely fashion until you went to investigate? What are your Fetch New Data settings for that calendar in the Mail, Contacts, Calendar configuration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I'm still a bit curious as to what failed here. That calendar is only updated when the iPhone syncs (at the moment, this feature is slated to come to OF 1.8 on the Mac), and then the Calendar app on the iPhone has to pull in a fresh copy of the reminders calendar. Is there any possibility that the iPhone OF wasn't syncing prior to your launching the OF app by following the link from the calendar? Or that the Calendar app wasn't able to get an update in a timely fashion until you went to investigate? What are your Fetch New Data settings for that calendar in the Mail, Contacts, Calendar configuration?
My Fetch settings are set to Push. Since I've been using Calendar Export previously, I reasoned that my method wasn't to fault. When I check off an item in OmniFocus, it updates in Calendar when I launch that app. After upgrading to 1.6 this ceased to occur. After going into Settings > Mail, Contacts & Calendar and deleting the OmniFocus Reminders.ics (as magown suggested), then re-subscribing to the calendar through OmniFocus, my problem was resolved.

Maybe when I upgraded to OmniFocus 1.6, and the Due Soon.ics calendar was overwritten by the OmniFocus Reminders.ics, something went awry.