The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A little "crashy" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OO is crashing fairly frequently with me- I'm sure OG is on the ball and already knows about and is well on the way to pushing out fixes, but I was wondering if it would be helpful to have my crash logs and where would I send them?

Yes, I'm sure they would appreciate having them (along with a description of what you are doing, and a copy of the document, if possible). Email them to omnioutliner-ipad@omnigroup.com.

One thing,

Have you restart your iPad after installing the app.

Please try it, OO is stable for me ;-), and tell.

Thanks for sending those in - we'll keep an eye out for crashes and get on top of them for updates.

One thing to keep in mind is that some documents created on the Mac may not work as well on the iPad. (Rule of thumb: as document size, number/size of image attachments, etc. increase, so does the amount of RAM required to work with the document.)

iPads are amazing devices, but an iPad 2 still has about an quarter as much RAM as the lowest-end Mac Mini configuration, and that's split between the OS and the various apps running on the device. If OmniOutliner does ask for more memory than the device has to give us, we'll get shut down in a way that looks like a crash.

If your crashes with a particular document go away or become less common after restarting the device as Shinfu suggested, it's because restarting makes more memory available.

That all said, email the ninjas and we'll get on the crash reports. :-)