The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inbox items stay in inbox after being assigned Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have started using my Inbox to quickly dump ideas into. However when I later evaluate these and sort into Projects or Contexts they remain in my inbox and I have to manually move them to there correct spot. I thought they were supposed to move themselves once they had been sorted? Any ideas or advice appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
I have started using my Inbox to quickly dump ideas into. However when I later evaluate these and sort into Projects or Contexts they remain in my inbox and I have to manually move them to there correct spot. I thought they were supposed to move themselves once they had been sorted? Any ideas or advice appreciated.
Once you have defined a project and context (or just one, depending on your settings in Data Preferences), you must issue the Edit > Clean Up command to move items from the Inbox to where they belong. Clean Up is also part of the default toolbar.

Thanks - that worked :-)